5 of the Best Exercises to Try at Home
It’s no longer news that exercises are good for optimizing your health and enhancing your body’s natural release of endorphins. But here is the good news, you don’t need to hit the gym for regular exercise, you can workout anywhere, even at home.
But with so many workout options and unlimited information (controlled and uncontrolled) available on the Internet on exercises you can try at home, you can easily get overwhelmed with which exercise works.
You don’t need to worry about yourself as we’ve got you covered. Here are 5 of the best exercises to try at home. And guess what? These exercises are pretty easy to do and do not require any equipment.
This exercise will help to increase strength in your legs and glutes and promote functional movement.
- Stand with the right leg forward and left leg behind – keep a shoulder-width distance between them.
- Keep your arms down at your sides.
- Bend the left knee toward the ground until it touches the ground.
- Maintain your feet and make sure that your left knee doesn’t cross your right foot.
- Push up off the right foot and return to the starting position.
Using a workout sandbag while lunging can be the best weighted workout for building leg and core strength.
This is one turn. Complete 10 turns and repeat the exercise with your left leg. Click here to watch the video.
Everybody knows pushup. It’s one of the most basic and commonest exercises, yet it’s very effective because of the number of muscles required to perform it.
- Assume a prostrate position facing down. Place your palms flat on the ground and close to your shoulders.
- Keep your feet slightly apart with the balls of your feet touching the ground.
- Raise yourself (Pushup) using your arms.
- Make sure that you keep straight from your head to your heels. You should contract your abdominals to prevent your hips from sagging.
- Bend your elbows and lower your chest toward the floor. Hold on for a second then return to the starting position.
This makes a single push-up. Complete as many push-ups as possible. Click here to watch the video.
Squatting is a simple exercise that helps to burn calories in your body. It also increases strength in your lower body and makes your lower back and hips flexible.
- Begin by standing at ease position but with your feet a little wider than your shoulder-width and your arms by your sides (or in front of you with palms together). Brace up your body and keep your chin and chest up.
- Push the hips backward and bend the knees as if you want to sit on a seat.
- Try as much as possible not to bend your knees outward or inward.
- Bend straight down until the thighs are parallel to the ground
- Wait one second, then raise yourself by extending your legs to return to the beginning position.
Do this as many times as possible. Click here to watch the video.
Burpees seem like a quick combination of multiple exercises. This exercise is super effective at improving your cardiovascular endurance and muscle strength.
- Stand upright with your feet apart and your arms down by your sides.
- Quickly stretch out your hands in front of you and begin to squat.
- Once your hands reach the ground, quickly pop your legs back and straight into a pushup position.
- Move your feet up to your hand as much as you can by bending your waist.
- Quickly stand up straight, stretch your arms above your head and jump.
This makes a complete turn. You can make as many turn as possible. Click here to watch the video.
This exercise targets your abdominal muscles. It also stabilizes your body without straining your back the way crunches or sit-up might.
- Assume a pushup position with your palms and toes (or balls of your feet) firmly on the ground. Also, keep your back straight.
- Keep your focus in front of your palms.
- Bend your knees until they touch the ground and quickly straighten your leg again.
- Take deep controlled breaths throughout this exercise.
Click here to watch the video.
These 5 best exercises to try at home will do your body and health good, you may try them one after the other to see which one suits your most. If you have any question, don’t hesitate to contact us.