10 Workouts For Footballers – or Other Sports
Football is a very vigorous sport and all of the body is involved when we are playing the game. Concerning this, football players work out a lot due to the high intensity of the game. Every muscle of the body is trained hard enough to cope with the standard of the game played today. There are numerous workout such as upper body training, lower body training, bodyweight training, running and many other tactical and strategical workouts. These training help them boost their endurance, speed and agility. They build their body strength by bodyweight training which uses all muscles of the body to become stronger. It also increases the core of their body which needs to be very carefully dealt with as it helps them to improve their performance, strength and posture.
Many different proper workouts are listed below:
Speed / Dynamic Quickness / Responsiveness / Agility
This workout mainly focuses on the improvement of speed. Start with a 20-second run then perform 20 pushups followed by a 20-second sprint with the ball. Then perform 20 sit-ups followed by a 20-second sprint followed by star jumps and at the end 20-second sprint with the ball. Remember to repeat the process with 3 sets.
- Barbell Back Squats with 4 sets and 8 reps and a 90-second gap in between the set.
- Barbell Bulgarian Split Squat with 3 sets of 10-12 reps and a 60 seconds gap between the set.
- Lateral Barbell Lunges with 3 sets of 10-12 reps and a 60 seconds gap between the set.
- Dumbbell Calf Raise with 3 sets of 10-12 reps and a 60 seconds gap between the set.
- Single-Leg Dumbbell RDL Raise with 3 sets of 10-12 reps and a 60 seconds gap between the set.
Another bodyweight training is to start with 20 pushups then 20 crunches followed by 30 triceps dips. Then do 20 pile squats followed by 10 pull-ups and lastly 20 lunges. Repeat this cycle 4 times to complete your full bodyweight training.
Workout For Stamina
- HIIT ON A TREADMILL, setting the incline to 1% and start with a slow pace to a fast pace for 10 minutes. Then run at your full speed for 30 seconds. Then fall for a jog for 3 minutes and repeat this process 3-4 times.
- Burpee pull-ups. Perform at least 3 sets with 10-12 reps and a 60 seconds gap in between.
- LATERAL BAND WALKS
- Use fitness Sandbags
Strength — Explosive Power Workout
Repeat this workout for 3 sets, start with 10 box jumps followed by 10 bodyweight squat jumps then 20 alternating leg bounding. After that go for a sprint for 10 minutes each for 30 seconds and lastly skipping for 5 minutes non-stop.
There are a lot of different types of cardio training. Different types of workouts are performed for training purposes of football players. One is a combinational workout where you can combine any 3 of running, swimming, rowing machine and cycling for 1 hour each. There are a lot of others cardio workouts that football players consider according to their playing style and techniques.